We at Oblivion Online work hard to provide high quality online gaming experiences. With so many individuals logging into and connecting through our games, we understand the importance of your privacy. Maintaining your privacy and the trust of our users is important to us. We, Oblivion Online, may store, process, and, under certain circumstances share your information, to provide you Services.
ll. What types of information does Oblivion Online collect?
A. Personal and Account Information
We may collect two types of information from you. “Personal information” is information that would allow someone to identify or contact an individual. “Account Information” is all other information and may include combined information that does not identify an individual but may be associated with an individual’s user account. We use this information for internal purposes like improving the site or customizing content.
|Examples of Personal Information||Examples of Account Information|
lll. Where does Oblivion Online collect Personal Information?
You provide Personal Information directly to us through the Services, for example when you:
- Register for an account, or a contest or giveaway
- Submit additional information on the account page
- Order products
- Send email messages, submit forms, or contact us
IV. What third parties collect Personal Information on behalf of Oblivion Online?
- Payment processors
We do not directly collect your payment information and we do not store your payment information. We use third party payment processors who do collect payment information on our behalf to complete transactions. Specifically, payment and billing processors and credit card verification services may collect Personal information to process some transactions depending on the payment method you use. If you do not provide this Personal Information, they will not be able to complete the transaction you have requested.
V. Why does Oblivion Online collect Personal Information?
A. Limited Purpose
We use Personal Information for the purpose for which you provided it, for example:
- We may use contact and identification information like phone number, address, or social media profile information to contact you about our Services, for customer support, to provide you with marketing, or to contact you regarding an event or contest.
- We use billing data, including some credit card information or bank information for purchases and customer support requests about refunds and chargebacks.
B. Lawful Basis
We only collect, use, or store your Personal Information if:
- You voluntarily provide it to us with your specific and informed consent (for example, when signing up for our newsletters)
- It is necessary to provide you a Service that you have requested (for example, providing you access to our games)
- We have a legitimate business interest that is not outweighed by your privacy rights (for example, maintaining records of sales through our online store)
We may need, and may require from you, certain Personal Information to provide our Services to you or to complete a transaction. You understand and accept that we will collect, use, and store your Personal Information based on the business purpose of fulfilling your requests and maintaining records of our Services to you. If you do not provide the Personal Information we need, we will not be able to process the transaction or provide the requested Service. We may also use Account Information related to your profile to detect cheating, fraud, illegal activity, or other activities that may violate our User Agreement.
With your consent, we also may use your Personal Information to create a profile for marketing campaigns, including on social media or through email. We use the information we collect to learn what you like, tailor your experience accordingly, and to improve our websites and our other products. We may also use your Personal Information in an aggregate, anonymized way to help us target advertising on social media.
VI. With whom does Oblivion Online share Personal Information?
- Types of Third Parties
To provide you with access to our Services, we may share your Personal Information with the following types of third parties:
- Fraud detection and management services, authentication services, and risk services
- Customer support and localization vendors
- Marketing platforms
- Social media websites, server providers, and email providers
- Moderation and user experience providers
- Fulfillment houses
- We do not sell or share Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- We may work with third parties to provide you some contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or surveys, and to when accessing, purchasing, or subscribing to one of the Services. During the registration process, we or a third party may ask you for certain Personal Information, such as your mailing address. If you do not provide this Personal Information, we may not be able to provide the Service you have requested.
B. Third Party Precautions
We take reasonable precautions before sharing your Personal Information with third parties and require that they provide adequate protections.
- If third parties are collecting, using, or storing your Personal Information on our behalf, we require that they have a legitimate basis for doing so, reasonably limit their retention and use, and use appropriate security measures regarding your Personal Information.
- While we review the privacy and security policies of the third parties we work with, some third parties may provide additional terms in their privacy policies, which may control their use and storage of your Personal Information.
VII. How does Oblivion Online protect Personal Information?
- Our Collection, Security, and Retention Policies
We protect your Personal Information through a combination of collection, security, and retention policies.
- We only keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it, unless you agreed to allow us to use it for some other purpose or to comply with any statutory, regulatory, or business obligations. We respect requests to stop processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes. This includes keeping a record of your stop processing request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
- We use all reasonable methods to keep the Personal Information we collect and use in a secure environment, and we have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. As part of our privacy compliance processes, we review these security procedures regularly to consider new technology and methods.
- Your Practices and Activities
You can take certain steps to help protect your Personal Information, such as being careful what you post in public places.
- Do not use your real name when selecting a username. Your username will be available to the internet’s general public while you participate in some Services, like forums, chat rooms, or message boards, so you should exercise discretion when using these Services.
- Do not post your real name through the Services, and never tell anyone online anything private about yourself, including your phone number or address. Use usernames and not real names at all times.
- To the extent that you can and do create a public profile that may be available to others on our Services, you are always solely responsible for its content and accuracy.
- Cookies and Tracking Pixels
- Assisting you in navigating or displaying certain types of content;
- Assisting you in registration to our events, logging in, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our Services, counting visits, collecting aggregated user data, and traffic sources;
- Tracking our promotional and marketing efforts.
- Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics
Google Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads),
the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/), or
NAI’s consumer opt-out (https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
- Browser Settings
You may set your browser setting to attempt to reject the cookies and tracking identifiers, and you may still use our websites. However, you may be limited in some areas of our websites, or you may have to enter passwords or identifying information more than once.
X. How can someone contact Oblivion Online?
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us here